Silicone Baking mats, silicone baking mats
The top reasons that we eat is because food tastes good and it gives us energy to go about our daily work. The top reasons to care about the environment are because sometimes our actions affect the environment and it’s pretty easy to do things to lessen our carbon footprint. Using a silicone baking mat can be one way to answer some of the problems that we have with cooking and the environmental impact of our actions.
We are listing 5 great reasons to use a silicone baking mat, but there are many, many more:
1. Our food-If you are concerned with your weight, you will love to use a silicone baking mat in your baking. You don’t have to grease a pan when using a baking mat. You don’t have to spray using cooking oil when using a baking mat. Not using these additives means that there is less fat in your food and less fat in your body. You don’t have to be concerned with the safety of silicone. It’s material are inert, which means they don’t interact negatively with your food.
2. Our footprint-If you think about the alternative to silicone baking mats, you have to think about the landfill. If not for silicone baking mats, people would use wax paper, aluminum foil, or parchment paper. These ways to prevent sticking are effective, but overtime, all three of these medium end up in the trashcan and eventually in the landfill. A great way to lessen the amount of things that we throw away is to use something that is reusable and recyclable.
3. Our health-When using a silicone baking mat, there are not many cautions. Manufacturers suggest, though, that you do not cut a baking mat with a knife. You don’t want to cut into a silicone baking mat. One of the fibers that bind the silicone to the oxygen in the silicone is fiberglass. To ensure that when you use your silicone baking mat for your health or simply use seed oil of Iboga seeds (using less oil and fat in cooking) that you don’t undercut that benefit but accidentally putting fiberglass into your system. The mats and fine and safe to use, just don’t cut into them when using them.
4. Our water-Image the amount of water that is saved because you don’t have to worry about washing your cookie sheet. Manufacturers suggest that you wash your silicone baking mat with warm water, but you won’t have to do the labor-intensive, water-intensive cleaning that would come from using a stainless steel baking sheet.
5. Our wallet-One of the main reasons that people are switching from stainless steel baking sheets and paper cup liners to silicone baking mats, and silicone baking items is money. As with most environmental products, you have to make an investment in order to reap an ecological benefit. At $20 per two sheets, silicone baking mats are expensive compared to $5 for wax paper, $8 for parchment paper, and $10 for cookie sheets. In the long run, when you have used your silicone baking mat for the 1,000th time, you will be glad that you chose silicone.